News & Events
- Regimental Memorial 12/03/2018 Many of you will by now have already seen the Media releases and photos of the Maquette unveiled, at Apsley House. For those eagle eyed, accuracy seeking members, with throbbing fingertips from typing in observations of errors and mismatching of weapons and uniforms, fear not. We are quite aware that the uniforms and specific era weapons ... Read more...
- Missing…… 27/12/2017 …. Journals. Well at least the headline got your attention. As you may be aware the Archives team are in the long process of digitising the Iron Duke Journals. Unfortunately, despite extensive searches, there are a few copies missing from the archives collection. These will eventually be uploaded to the website, in PDF format. for people to ... Read more...
- Facebook 23/08/2017 The association has started its own official Association based Facebook page run by Captain John Hogg. It will be the focus for the Regimental Memorial Fund. . The page will give all the details on the design of the Memorial, its location in Halifax and various events to support the fundraising, as well as how to donate ... Read more...
- Abyssinia Campaign 1868 – Bankfield Museum, Halifax, Sat 21st April, 2018 – Seminar Day 27/02/2018 A seminar day on the Abbyssinia Campaign has been organised by Bankfield Museum. The purpose of the day is to mark the 150th anniversary of the Campaign and to explain why the word Abyssinia appears on the Regimental Colour. Event Programme 10:00 – Assemble at Bankfield Museum. – Tea/coffee available. 10:15 – Welcome – John Spencer, Curator, ... Read more...
- Arthur Poulter VC – Memorial Paving Stone, East Witton – 10th of April, 2018. 16/02/2018 There is a national programme to lay paving stones in honour of WW1 VC recipients in the city, town or village of their birth. A ceremony, organised by Richmond County Council, with support from the Yorkshire Regiment and the Regimental Association, to unveil a memorial paving stone for Private Arthur Poulter, one of our VC’s, in East Witton, ... Read more...
- 2nd Lieutenant James Palmer HUFFAM, VC Commemoration 1st September 2018 10/02/2018 On the 1st of September, 2018 there will be a centenary event, to mark the awarded the Victoria Cross to 2Lt James Palmer Huffam 2nd Lieutenant James Palmer HUFFAM, 5th Battalion The Duke of Wellington’s (West Riding) Regiment (TF) For conspicuous bravery and devotion to duty on 31st of August, 1918. With three men he rushed an enemy machine-gun post ... Read more...
- Regimental Memorial Fund – A Message from Brigadier Meek 01/09/2017 As regular viewers will have already noticed there is an additional tab to the page which contains all the details of the planned Memorial to the Regiment. This is a most exciting project because it will mark the Regiment’s 300 year history, a history that covers all the major wars and campaigns this country was ... Read more...