News & Events
- Death and funeral notifications 01/05/2018 The Association HQ has received the following notifications of deaths and funerals of Association members. Latest Notification Robert (Jerry) Brook The Association has been advised of the passing of Robert Brook (also known as Jerry). Robert joined the army as a National Serviceman in early 1947. initially as a member of The West Yorkshire Regiment, but early in 1948 ... Read more...
- Regimental Memorial 12/03/2018 Many of you will by now have already seen the Media releases and photos of the Maquette unveiled, at Apsley House. For those eagle eyed, accuracy seeking members, with throbbing fingertips from typing in observations of errors and mismatching of weapons and uniforms, fear not. We are quite aware that the uniforms and specific era weapons ... Read more...
- Facebook 23/08/2017 The association has started its own official Association based Facebook page run by Captain John Hogg. It will be the focus for the Regimental Memorial Fund. . The page will give all the details on the design of the Memorial, its location in Halifax and various events to support the fundraising, as well as how to donate ... Read more...
- Skipton Waterloo Dinner – 16th June 2018 16/05/2018 This year the Dinner will be held on the 16th June at the Skipton Golf Club. Time 18:30 (6.30pm) for 19:00 (7.00pm). If anyone would like to attend they can write or email Gordon Bell at 39 Western Road, Skipton, BD23 2RU or email me at email@example.com giving their name address or email address for a menu. Cost of Dinner ... Read more...
- 2nd Lieutenant James Palmer HUFFAM, VC Commemoration 1st September 2018 10/02/2018 On the 1st of September, 2018 there will be a centenary event, to mark the awarded the Victoria Cross to 2Lt James Palmer Huffam 2nd Lieutenant James Palmer HUFFAM, 5th Battalion The Duke of Wellington’s (West Riding) Regiment (TF) For conspicuous bravery and devotion to duty on 31st of August, 1918. With three men he rushed an enemy machine-gun post ... Read more...
- Regimental Memorial Fund – A Message from Brigadier Meek 01/09/2017 As regular viewers will have already noticed there is an additional tab to the page which contains all the details of the planned Memorial to the Regiment. This is a most exciting project because it will mark the Regiment’s 300 year history, a history that covers all the major wars and campaigns this country was ... Read more...