News & Events
- Death Notification – Fred Richardson – Royal Hospital 02/08/2019 Dear Sirs and Gentlemen It is with great sadness that we have to inform you all, that Fred, our only Chelsea Pensioner, died on Saturday morning, the 27th of July 2019 peacefully in his bed at the Royal Hospital Chelsea. I had the pleasure to visit him in the infirmary at Chelsea on the Friday afternoon, the ... Read more...
- The Memorial 04/07/2019 In case you missed it, or cannot get to see it, Here is a photo. Videos from the unveiling day and the making of the sculpture are available for viewing on the Memorial Fund pages Click on the blue links below to hear them Story of the Regiment in words and music (48 minutes) (shortened version – edited ... Read more...
- Dukes Memorial Event Books 13/05/2019 The following message is from Terry Butterworth at Holidays for Heroes. Hello all Ex ‘Dukes’ The books I, Richard Harvey and Scott Flaving have compiled, commemorating the Memorial and the ‘Dukes’ close relationship with Halifax arrived today. They consist of some real leather bound books in a presentation box for Town Hall’s and the Regimental Museum, etc, ... Read more...
- Death and funeral notifications 01/05/2018 The Association HQ has received the following notifications of deaths and funerals of Association members. Walter Robins It is with great regret that we have been advised of the death of Lieutenant Colonel Walter Robins, on Wednesday 3rd of April in hospital. Walter was a Korean Vet where he served as Signal Pl Sgt. Walter later became RSM ... Read more...
- ‘Dukes’ Reunion – Halifax Wetherspoons, 1st October, 2019 – 12:30 hrs onwards 09/04/2019 Wetherspoons, Barum Top Inn, Halifax – Start approx 12:30—13:30 Read more...